Thursday, October 04, 2012

[. keep going .]






I started the day of my birthday with a morning walk.  This time I walked further!  If it was not such a busy day I think I would have continued to keep going.  Next time I shall!  But I had to go home to get ready to start my celebration with my boyfriend - and boy was it a full day of activities!  He surprised me with 4 things he planned.  I had to guess each with the clues he wrote and I did pretty well guessing them!


We spent our early afternoon playing mini putt at a medieval themed golf range!  It was outdoors and weather was puurrrrfect! Had a lot of fun.  There were 18 holes and everybody's golf balls got stuck at hole # 14.  Regardless we finished the course and.... I won!!! Maybe he let the bday girl win - but i thought it was a pretty fair game!





After mini putt hunny took me to Castle Loma! One of the most beautiful buildings in Toronto!  Love the architecture and style.  Both indoors and outdoors just wows you and make you feel that you are in Europe and not Canada.  It saddens me to hear that there's a possibility that the City of Toronto would sell Casa Loma because it's too costly for The Kiwanis Club to maintain it.  What would happen if it was sold? Would it be a good thing?  Some people think that it's hard to define the Canadian or more specifically Torontoian culture because Canada is so young compared to other countries. Aside from our rich multiculturalism, perhaps we should stop and think what we want to preserve and pass onto the future that tells the story of this city and country? I guess I'm not the only one who needs a priority check.  Like common, Europe has wayyyyy more structures and art work that requires continuous restorations.  I wonder who pays the expenses?


We settled down for dinner at the Keg Mansion in downtown Toronto.  It was my first time there!  Another beautiful structure.  Though we didn't get to wander around the building, I fell in love with this place.  I didn't know it was known to be haunted.  My coworker told me that there use to be a girl who lived there and people have heard her in the women's washroom... or something like that.  Well, I did go to the washroom. It was beautiful.  Nothing too crazy happened.  Just that I didn't hear or notice a lady with a girl sitting by the window until I saw them in the reflection of the mirror at the sink! Other than that, a delicious and very pleasant dinning experience with my favourite man in the world (beside my dad)!





We ventured into the night like young adults in the early twenties and saw a few Nuit Blanche art exhibits.  The one above was at the Royal Conservatory of Music. We listened to live music and created our art silhouette.  It was an interesting experience.  The outcome was quite enjoyable - seeing our piece of art among others displayed in public.  We have made our mark that night!




Later on we joined a group of friends at a pub for some snacks, drinks, & good company!  And after a good night of  fun my prince brought me home to my gift waiting in the backyard.  The night was chilly but the light from the tea light candles, the warmth from my boyfriend's body & most of all his love melted my heart and soul.  Things hasn't always been perfect and life doesn't get easier as we age but it certainly is comforting to know that we are not alone and in it together.  And we continue life cherishing all the special moments we share together.  Thank you my love for such an amazing birthday celebration!





And to my dear friend, thank you for your friendship and this yummy wine-soaked-fig-custard-chocolate-tart!  Your time, company & conversation is worth every minute we share.


To all who still visits my blog or happen to stumble across it -- stay safe & be blessed!


Keep going!

No comments: