Monday, August 15, 2016

[. generation .]

Is it really true that my last post was in 2012? Or did some posts disappear on me when I stopped blogging??

Fast forward a few years and boy has my life changed!! Married and with child?!?! What happened to me first?

Being a parent has drastically changed my view on life again - the old is gone and the new has come. Everyday my actions and thoughts are always based on my little one. What happened to me first? All the effort i've put in establishing my career and travel plans has taken a 1 year maternity-hiatus. My energy has now been refocused on building my own family.

Last night was the first time some close family friends meet our little one. These are people whom I don't see often - perhaps once a year if not twice. But they knew me as a kid and watched me grow.  We are closely bonded by the friendship and sisterhood my late grandmother had with their mother who is still alive and well. If only my grandmother was still here she would meet our little one. Perhaps she would tell my little one of all my childhood stories when we lived together and let me know how my little one and I are similar.

My grandmother was not there physically. You cannot see her in the family photos we took.... But I thought about you, Ma-Ma, and I'm glad my family still meet up with your best friend and her family. It brings some kind of a warm comfort that my little one is surrounded by your love through your friend, my dad and aunt. May you continue to watch over us and now our little one- the next generation....

No comments: